Sunday, September 9, 2007

WANING Memory

Its been so long, what are you doing here? Alone? Not working today?

Or similar phrase…

Eh, why the weird expression on your face – you can’t recognize me? No, of course I do, so what are you doing here?

Oh man, how often have you found yourself entangled in this kinda situation? And I’m really saying when you’re caught in familiar situation but unable to recall, ah ya – recall is da’ word. Am I growing fainter? Hey but im only 28 – are these signs telling me something? It’s been more than one occasion and can't help feeling the worst

Situation One @ Me at PC Fair, KLCCMet a friend and we called up upon one another, but I cant remember which friend of mine, but I carry on the conversation as thou as we haven’t met for ages. I left the place thinking hard and confused!

Situation Two @ Me at DM Seminar, PJI was listening attentively to a speaker during a seminar when a guy turned back and smile at me and my mummy. I smiled back and then I start to think, who is this guy – I know him but I can’t seem to recall. My mum smiled at him too. I thot, hmm who is he? I kept on pushing my mum, who is he, who is he? I kept asking until she told me, he is the guy from the Prawn mee shop-la, you forgotten? You’ve been eating from that shop since young, I was oh ya, its him – oh man!

Situation Three @ MMU convocation, CyberjayaI tell you, this is superbly MEMALUKAN. A gal walks up to me and say, hie, can’t recognize me? I was like I know her but I cant recall again. Then her dad walks up, wah – still need to charge me? I was like huh? You’re just a friend and as there were so many packages offered and many people hogging around the counter, I pass them the leaflet and says, "why don’t you go and study which one you’d like and get back to me". Whilst after that, the episode kept playing on my mind, I was trying to figure out who they were. I went in to look for my mum who was at the studio side, I asked who’s ROBE and paper bag is this? Then mum told me, it’s your COUSIN BRO’s – Ah Nee’s graduating, that’s her robe. Oh my GOD, I let out a loud thud, mum – you know what, I pass them a leaflet thinking they were some of my friends, but hey, they're my RELATIVES and I can’t recognize them, no wonder they asked me if I want to charge them. At that point of time, I really don’t know where to hide my face

Im beginning to get very afraid and as I told SK bout’ the issue, he was like “Lil gal, you don’t scare me eh your situation doesn’t sound promising – better go do some check! "

Check again? Hmm, I hope it’s not related to my partial epilepsy condition which saw me ending up in hospital early of the year, but the ECG scan has clear me, I thot. I was admitted to hospital for the condition as I fell into abrupt unconsciousness during my sleep when I was in HK last Dec. I had zero idea what happen the night before coz when I woke up, I saw white ceilings around me and then a DOCTOR asking me if I know where am I and what happen? I can’t remember a single thing and people who saw the ordeal says I was quivering all over and bit my tongue, scary (my immediate thot was at the climb of the MACAU TOWER which could be the main reason why i had an abrupt SEIZURE)

The last check I had with my neurologist few months ago was all right as I just need to continue taking my prescription. Hmm, sounds bad huh? Spoke to WIL recently about the incident at MMU and his reaction was “Champion la you, would you be able to remember me the next time we meet on the street”? I was like uh-huh, I can’t be that bad right?" And so I thought…

Chances are – I can but if I do behave unusually, do hark back at me – for you may not know this girl has actually FORGOTTEN.

No comments: