Monday, August 13, 2007

Different Peoples, Different Interpretations

Human Behaviours - the different types, the different personalities and how it oftens leave one bewildered and amused!

I was working at the MMU convocation - man, promotions for the graduates are really simple and straightforward. Yet, yet peoples can come back with so many different kind of response. Funny, ridiculous, obscure but yet intimidating at times. Read the below...

"Miss, how come the promotion so expensive? Can I get this and not that?Any further discount?", It's on offer and promotion period now - Sir/Madam, boss says cannot."

"Why is there so many people queueing up? I thot i dont have to queue? (harlo, auntie - even you go to a fast food outlet also you have to queue up right), blatantly c2pid question. I wana report you to student council (ohh, like i care!), go ahead by all means!"

"Miss, I didn't bring my receipt with me but im goin back to my hometown, can you let me take it? And cases continued with so many lames one coming w/o receipts, i said - NO receipt, no collection, bring the receipts or we have to charge again, hope you understand otherwise my business would close shop in no time". All these bloody excuses ...

Another funny one was the guy says he will give me a letter of undertaking to prove that he paid but lost his receipt. He said he was rushing but he dwell on the matter for 1 & half hour and i was like, "Sir - but i thot you were in a rush, i cant find your copy of the receipt, so get back another day " and i shoo him off.

Another pak cik came, wanted the individual studio package but initially wanted a double pose with family & individual - when he finishes writing his details, he has the guts to tell me - he wants the individual package. I was like darn it, fine - i ask him to re-write again & when he wrote the wrong column, i said not these but the other two, he says mana I tahu, you pointed this & this and I gave it back to him, pakcik - berapa KALI sudah saya EXPLAIN sini dengan sini? He was silent then with ppls around all looking at me (wow, this gal - dun main main with her)

Lastly, almost got into a heated conversation with a bloody gal who took the photos but not paying. Got her name and ID, wow - she was at the wrong end but scream and shouted as if there were no tomorrow and was practically lying that she was on her way back to hometown when i slapped her back telling her, "miss - yday i called you, you told me you will come over as you were at the exam unit. She continued to scream, i shouted back and said don't use these kind of tone on me as you are on the wrong as your action constitute stealing already. If you dont remit the money, we will report to your University Council and will not be held responsible for any consequences". Don't blame us later

Phew, when I think of it - man, a thing which was so simple and straightfwd but how these simple things can be translated to the many conflicts and complication at times. And with, psychology plays a big factor when they decide they want to buy or not as the grads photos are somewhat tempting for them to not take it (once in a lifetime, ma!)...

Few more days to go - I hope there won't be people coming tomorrow telling me that they've forgot to bring their lipsticks, perfumes, left their family at home or etc...


(Trust me, these people they can and will do it. Sometimes it makes one think, how one thing can be so similar yet DIFFERENT in so many ways!!!)

No comments: